Wednesday, November 18, 2015

I Have a Secret...

Hi Everyone! Time to get real and a little post from my heart tonight. I assure you I had no intentions of “going here” or posting this tonight, but God laid it on my heart so here goes.

As I was scrolling through Facebook tonight, my heart was so heavy. I’m seeing so many terrifying posts about ISIS and terror and Paris, etc. etc. I looked at my baby and all I could think was “What kind of world are we bringing you into?”

As I was thinking of this, I felt the Lord nudging me to write a post asking you all to really consider where you are in your walk with God. To be blunt, have you accepted Christ as your personal savior? If something were to happen to you today, do you know without a shadow of a doubt, 100% where you would go? I do.


When I started this group, I felt like I had a secret. After a long time of trying to lose weight without success, I finally found the FIX and it worked. I had a secret that I wanted to share (though I was scared to in some ways). How could I keep it to myself? What if my coach had never shared it with me because she was too scared of what I might think? I would probably still be trying to lose that darn baby weight. I'm so glad she told me.

I have an even more important secret. It doesn’t just lead to a healthy body in this life, but to a healthy soul and spirit in eternity. The truth is, no matter how “good” or “bad” the world is, we are all going to die someday and we have no idea when that day is. How can I not share with you all the “secret” to spending eternity in heaven?

It’s very simple actually. So many people make it too hard. You don’t have to go to church, or give a tithe, or go through a bunch of religious rituals. You can’t earn a place in heaven by being a "good person" because compared to God, none of us are "good." The Bible is very clear

Romans 10:9
If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

We are all sinners. I’m a sinner for sure. But I confessed my sin to God and I know he forgives me. I confessed that I believe God came to earth as a man, Jesus Christ, and that through his death on a cross, he paid the penalty for my sin and the sin of the world. It’s that simple. You can’t do anything to earn salvation. Christ did all there was to do, except that now you have to make the choice to accept it or deny it.

I can explain this to you in more depths if you want to hear more. I can meet you for coffee (no cream and sugar of course:-), or over the phone, or in an email. But it truly is very simple. Knowing that no matter how scary the world gets, if I die today or tomorrow or 50 years from now, I’m going to spend eternity in heaven gives me the most amazing peace even when I read and hear of all the terrible things in the world.

So tomorrow morning I will go back to posting holiday survival tips. You can like, or dislike, or comment on this post, or not. But one thing I know, when God asks me to do something, I will do it. I owe that to him and I owe it to anyone he brings into my life to share the most valuable “secret” I know. After all, having a fit and healthy body lasts only in this life. We all end up 6 feet under sooner or later, no matter how healthy we are. But having a healthy spirit....now that lasts forever.
Have a good night, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment